IV. Implementation Guide
- Download Exercise Files.zip (29 MB)
The Virtual Machine includes all of the software necessary to complete the lessons, and it can also be used as a testbed for the XACML policy rules and access requests and responses you create. It is critical to use 7-Zip (available without charge at http://www.7-zip.org ) to unzip The Virtual Machine.
- VMware Player can be downloaded from http://www.vmware.com/download/player/download.html
- The GFIPM-SP virtual machine files can be downloaded here Download Virtual Machine.zip (2.7 GB)
- Unzip the files using 7-Zip which can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/. Using other “zip” software such as WinZip) will corrupt the files.
- Apply all updates to the virtual machine when prompted.
- When running the virtual machine on Windows XP/7, we recommend using a system that has a 3.0 GHz or faster CPU for reasonable performance.
- The options to power on and power off the virtual machine using VMware Player or VMware Workstation should be in the “VM” menu and “Power” sub-menu.
VMware virtual machine configuration:
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB hard disk
- 1 CPU
- NAT networking
- User account:
- username: guide
- password: gtrincscglobal
- root password: gtrincscglobal
- CentOS v5
- Java v6
- Apache v2
- Tomcat v6
- Glassfish v3
- Maven v2